Older Teens Preparing for Baptism, Confirmation, and First Holy Communion
Download and print the Registration Form!
Thursdays, 7 pm to 9 pm
September 12th to November 14th, 2019
At the end of this process, you will:
- Have come to know Jesus better, as friend and Saviour
- Be fully prepared to receive the Sacrament of Baptism
- Be fully prepared to receive your Sacrament of Confirmation
- Be fully prepared to receive your First Holy Communion
- Understand the essential precepts and doctrines of the Church
- Be well prepared to undertake the unique mission that Jesus has prepared for you in His Church
NEEDS AND RESOURCES
- A Catechism, a Bible, and a journal will be provided for you to keep. Pens will be available for you to borrow.
To be registered, we need the following information:
- Your completed Registration Form
- The name of your Sponsor
- Your Sponsor’s Confirmation record, to show that he or she is a Catholic in good standing with the Church
- The name of your chosen Patron Saint
- If you were baptized in another Christian denomination, we will need your Baptism record from them. (Instead of baptizing you again, you will make a Profession of Faith in the Catholic Church.)
Please ensure that all of this information is in Judith’s Office at least a week prior to the start of your classes.
The location of this class is Conference Room A/B, on the upper level of St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church, 541 Silvergrove Drive NW.
|September 12th||Lesson 1: “Say Yes!”|
|September 19th||Lesson 2: “Knowing the Scriptures”|
|September 26th||Lesson 3: “The Church’s Structure”||Church Tour|
|October 3rd||Lesson 4: “The Mass”|
|October 10th||Lesson 5: “Called to Holiness”||Saint Project will be assigned|
|October 17th||Lesson 6: “Holy Communion”||Rehearse with unconsecrated elements|
|October 24th||Lesson 7: “Confirmation”|
|October 31st||NO CLASS TODAY||Work on your Saint project this week|
|November 7th||Lesson 8: “Reconciliation”||Rite of Penance|
|November 14th||Lesson 9: “Baptism”||Saint Project is due|
|November 21st||Lesson 10: “What Catholics Believe”|
|RETREAT: Saturday, November 30th, 11 am to 1 pm (includes lunch)|
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
You are expected to attend every Thursday until you have completed this course. (If you are ill, or if you have a conflict in schedule, you are responsible to make arrangements for a make-up session.)
It is expected that you will arrive on time and stay until the end of the class. (Class time is 7 – 9 pm, with a break)
Arriving late: If you are unavoidably late, take a seat and listen quietly until there is a break, and then at that time, you will be welcomed and given today’s lesson handouts.
We will all keep our cell phones and other devices turned off during class time, unless they are needed for a class activity.
- Judith McRae, Coordinator
- 403-286-5110, ext. 109