CONFIRMATION – Grade 6 and up
- The sacrament program that is being used by the Diocese of Calgary for 2021 is the online course of Chosen by Ascension Press.
- Only 11 of the 24 available lessons (along with the weekly learning activities) will be required.
- Other virtual supports will be provided to the candidates and their families as they progress through the lessons.
- Parents will need to register twice:
- Please complete the Parish registration form HERE – there is no fee to register
- Please complete the registration for Ascension Press’ online course of Chosen: Your Journey Toward Confirmation, Online Course – Ascension (ascensionpress.com). There is a cost of $17.95 US to register for this course.
- Please see the chart below for the timeline
- Please see below for more information regarding the Confirmation program. Please go to the Diocese website here for more material (Printable lesson plans/outlines, additional material lists and handouts)
- Registration will be open from January 5 until January 31.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Complete parish registration process (2 steps):
- Please see above for the St. Peter’s Confirmation Registration form.
- Register the online preparation program with Ascension Press by clicking here.
After both steps above are completed, please come back to this page for more information.
- Complete the Confirmation Sponsor Form and submit to your parish / sacrament coordinator
- Complete the outlined lessons
- The Diocese of Calgary will only require the completion of 11 select video lessons of the 24 lessons offered by Ascension Press and the weekly accompanying learning activities. Each weekly session includes watching the selected Chosen video (see the list on the Diocese website), completing the online quiz questions, the Reading Challenge, and the Action Challenge of the week.
- Watch 1 video lesson per week for 11 weeks, from Feb. 1 to April 30, 2021. Families can decide how they complete all the 11 lessons within the timeframe of 3 months.